So here is the latest With William and allergies. When he was about one we found out through a prick test and blood tests that he was allergic to nuts. So for the hope of outgrowing the allergy we have avoided all nuts, anything containing nuts, anything made in a facility with nuts. Then at some point in this past few years we found out that he was also allergic to Penicillin based drugs, finding out each time we tried a new one we saw the below results in some fashion or another. Hives on his body either all over or in clusters around his body in different places.
Then to find out when Grace was almost a year that she is allergic to Milk. This I questioned after William blew on her belly just after eating his milk and cereal and she broke out with a couple hives in the exact spot. In addition to come to find out a few days later, feeding her some egg for breakfast and see her get itchy and break out in red spots and hives. So for Grace we are avoiding Milk & Eggs, anything containing milk or eggs, and anything made in a facility with milk or eggs. Furthermore, Grace also has an allergy to Penicillin based drugs. Woohoo!
So I now own Epi pens for both of my kids which I have to take everywhere! Although they have only shown hives to these foods the doctor says with repeated exposure you never know when the allergy can be life threatening.
To top it off I thought allergies were hereditary but Matt and I are allergic to NOTHING!
What do you do...
You wait, William will be retested when he is 5 and Grace when she is 2 to see if our efforts have paid off or if we keep avoiding all hive causing foods.
*pictures of William's last Penicillin induced breakout for your viewing pleasure :)*
Then to find out when Grace was almost a year that she is allergic to Milk. This I questioned after William blew on her belly just after eating his milk and cereal and she broke out with a couple hives in the exact spot. In addition to come to find out a few days later, feeding her some egg for breakfast and see her get itchy and break out in red spots and hives. So for Grace we are avoiding Milk & Eggs, anything containing milk or eggs, and anything made in a facility with milk or eggs. Furthermore, Grace also has an allergy to Penicillin based drugs. Woohoo!
So I now own Epi pens for both of my kids which I have to take everywhere! Although they have only shown hives to these foods the doctor says with repeated exposure you never know when the allergy can be life threatening.
To top it off I thought allergies were hereditary but Matt and I are allergic to NOTHING!
What do you do...
You wait, William will be retested when he is 5 and Grace when she is 2 to see if our efforts have paid off or if we keep avoiding all hive causing foods.
*pictures of William's last Penicillin induced breakout for your viewing pleasure :)*



4 comments:
I know how you feel about the allergies! It is really hard to try and check EVERYTHING. I feel for you, having two kids with allergies! I'm hoping Sydnee doesn't get any. Hopefully they'll all grow out of the allergies! Grace looked so cute for her birthday! WE are doing a princess theme for Sydnee's birthday too. It should be fun!
Oh man. That is a lot of work. My youngest was allergic to milk but grew out of it. Life is so much easier now. I hope that your kids grow out of it too.
i hope you don't mind me spying on your blog! i'm so sorry. i had to go off of milk for a time and it was HARD! caleb is allergic to a couple of antibiotics, but that was when he was one. i wonder if he's grown out of it.
Eww! I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment